Thursday, September 4, 2014

Aviation

     Ever since I was about 15 years old I have been interested in a career in aviation. I was very lucky to have my grandfather take me to an aviation camp at Embry-Riddle in Prescott, AZ which essentially ignited the spark for me in terms of becoming a pilot. I am a senior at Eastern Michigan Universtity and am majoring in flight technology.

     As with most aspiring pilots, I will most likely have to start my career flight instructing in order to build enough time to qualify for a position as a first officer at the regional airlines. From here, instead of going directly to the major airlines, I am considering several different alternatives. I am looking at going overseas and flying for an airline in China, Dubai, or even Singapore. I am also thinking about going into corporate aviation.

     For me right now the future is full of options and I will have to take careful consideration on which route to choose. At the start of my aviation career I will be limited and will probably get on with the first outfit to hire me, but hopefully later on I will have made many more options available to myself. I look forward to posting more and talking about some of the recent events going on in the aviation industry.

1 comment:

  1. Nice intro. You will have a lot of opportunities open to you if you decide to go the international route!

    ReplyDelete